~Holiday Sale! $95/night base rate till Dec 14~
Detroit's 1st & most reviewed Airbnb offers...
5 spacious guest rooms, up to 30 guests, 13 beds - spa quality Comphy sheets
Free, safe street parking in front & fit 6-8 cars in gated woodchipped back yard
Woodward Ave under 2 blocks: QLine light rail 1m/1.6k, Midtown/WSU 2m/3.3k, Downtown 4m/6.5k, Ferndale 6m/9.7k
Comfy & safe home for ALL ~ families/pets/lgbtq/poly/elder/religious/etc.
10% of your stay benefits our Piety Hill Detroit neighborhood!
* Make sure everyone in your group reads the whole listing before booking, including 'Interaction with guests' and 'Cancellation' below. And reads our House Manual, available after booking. We're happy to help with any questions.
* CHECK-IN & OUT ~ Check-in is after 3pm. If you want to check in earlier please inquire when placing your reservation or ASAP. If there is no check-out & cleaning that day, checking in earlier than 3 may work. It's usually possible to drop off luggage/food on the 1st floor while the house is being cleaned, then return to fully check in later.
Check-out is before 11am. If you want to check out after 11 or leave luggage to pick up later, please inquire when placing your reservation or ASAP. If there's no check-in that day, later check-out may work.
* PARKING ~ Free, no permit on the street & cross street. Perfect safety record for guests' locked cars emptied of valuables/bags. Gated woodchipped back yard fits 6-8 cars.
* PRIVACY ~ Full and private use of the house. 2 private bathrooms. Nathan the owner may need to tend the grounds - see 'Interaction with guests' below.
* CHILDREN ~ Children of all ages are welcome and we've hosted many families. Be mindful that the house is not "child-proofed" and there are games, books, mugs, etc. within reach. Prior to checkout please put everything back as found.
* PETS ~ Well behaved animal companions are welcome at no cost. Send us their name, gender, breed & age when booking. Due to guest allergies and extra cleaning costs they must not enter guest rooms, including the 1st floor Morton Room. Please keep these doors shut at all times. All traces of hair, etc. must be removed prior to the next check-in, so please limit any shedding indoors and clean up any accidents. The back yard is spacious and fenced; however, we do not recommend leaving dogs outside unattended. They could potentially escape through the back gate. We provide a long chain (on the basement railing) to more safely give dogs unattended outdoor time. Prior to leaving please place any backyard poop in the black trash container on the side of the house.
* PARTIES/EVENTS ~ We have hosted a variety of gatherings at DLY over the years and welcome yours. We'll be happy to address any questions or needs specific to your event. Note that DLY is not a "party house." We ask guests to respect the home and our neighbors with small children:
Sound - No loud noise must be heard by neighbors after 10pm/22:00. Keeping all windows & doors closed helps keep sound in. No professional sound equipment.
Alcohol - Please enjoy in moderation. No drunken behavior, which may bee too loud or lead to additional cleaning or repair charges.
Not allowed - No glitter, confetti, etc. or additional cleaning costs may apply
Rate - For 1 night reservations the rate is determined by the total # of people entering house regardless of how many sleep there. For a gathering on 1 day of a 2+ night reservation there's no charge for a # of non-overnight visitors equal to the number of overnight guests. E.g. 10 overnight guests staying 2 nights could have up to 10 non-overnight visitors for a gathering on one of the days at no charge, then +$20/visitor beyond 10.
All non-overnight visitors' names and phone numbers must be submitted in advance, like overnight guests.
* SAFETY ~ Rest assured of DLY's perfect safety record. Our beloved Piety Hill neighborhood is friendly and not violent, just transitioning out of poverty. Although it's total overkill, DLY has a monitored alarm, security doors & cameras, and window guards to help all guests feel perfectly safe.
Made in 1910, Detroit Loves You Guest Home is making a steady comeback much like her city. Renovations began in 2010 and are due to be complete in 2018.
13 beds sleep 26 comfortably, with floor space for 30 total overnight guests and events up to 50
Clean bedding & towels provided
Enjoy luxurious Comphy Co. spa quality microfiber sheets & pillowcases on all beds. Inquire about purchasing Comphy brand sheets for your home using DLY's wholesale account.
25+ Mbps WiFi
3RD FLOOR... accessibility: porch steps, 2 flights of stairs / must bend down to enter room
AIR ROOM ~ A/C ~ most private room
Beds: sleep 3-7 on 2 queen beds & twin/king daybed + hammock
Privacy: soundproof stairs & private door to 2nd floor hall
2ND FLOOR... accessibility: porch steps & inside stairs
WATER ROOM ~ 2nd floor ~ walk-in closet ~ most comfortable bed
Beds: sleep 2-4 on queen memory foam bed & full-size couch bed
Privacy: door to 2nd floor hall
FIRE ROOM ~ bay windows ~ best work space ~ crib
Bed: sleep 1-2 on queen bed + crib
Privacy: door to 2nd floor hall
EARTH ROOM ~ bunk beds & roll-out trundle ~ newest room
Beds: sleep 3-6 on 3 full-size futon bunk beds
Privacy: door to 2nd floor hall
Ongoing home improvement: The Earth Room's back wall (with mirror) was removed, adding a beautifully lit back addition with vaulted ceiling & 7 windows overlooking the back yard with views to the historic Fisher Building. The Earth Room is usable as described, just with this new space attached. We will be adding curtains and other finishes soon. Inquire for an update. Thanks for your understanding while we improve the house for you!
EAST BATH ~ toiletry cubbies ~ largest bathroom
Shower in bathtub
Privacy: door to 2nd floor hall locks when inside
WEST BATH ~ newest bathroom
Privacy: doors to 2nd floor hall & Fire Room lock when inside
1ST FLOOR... accessibility: front porch steps & back stairs to kitchen
MORTON ROOM / LIVING ROOM ~ record player ~ largest room
Beds: sleep 4-8 on 4 queen roll-out couch beds
Privacy: rolling barn-style door with locking latch to 1st floor hall
KITCHEN ~ well-stocked + coffee & tea ~ lots of counter space
Detroit Bold Coffee & Beverage Station: enjoy locally roasted Detroit Bold Coffee, decaf, and organic teas during your stay. Available for purchase: Detroit Bold Coffee ($15 12oz bag), Detroit Bold Coffee Mug ($10), Detroit Bold T-shirts & Ball Caps ($15). Please place payment in the small locked drawer. These great gifts support DLY & Detroit Bold, owned by local hero A.J. O'Neil.
Appliances: gas stove & microwave/toaster/convection ovens, refrigerator, blender, water boiler, percolator, French press, coffee grinder, etc.
Food: help yourself to all unmarked foods, including staples, baking ingredients, spices, canned food, etc.
DINING ROOM ~ record player & vinyl collection ~ full of games, books & Detroit tips
Table: seats 4-10, remove top to play table football/foosball
BASEMENT... accessibility: basement stairs
LAUNDRY ~ detergent provided
Appliances: Contact us for instructions and permission to use the high efficiency front-loading washing machine & dryer
OUTSIDE... front porch accessibility: porch steps
BACK YARD ~ parking for 6-8 cars on entirely wood-chipped lot ~ charcoal grill / raised fire pit ~ organic fruit, berry & vegetable garden
Ongoing home improvement: The new back porch is structurally complete and usable. We will be adding lighting and skirting for aesthetics and function. Inquire for an update. Thanks for your understanding while we improve the house for you!
Seating: Pew & couch seat 6-12
Disponible para huéspedes
Guests have access to all 5 guest rooms, both bathrooms, kitchen, dining room, basement laundry (please ask first), front & back porches, and backyard parking & raised fire pit
Atención a los huéspedes
Owner Nathan may be available to greet you if arriving weekdays before 4pm/16:00. He will notify you if he needs to access the house during your stay for any reason. For example, in the summer he may need to tend to the backyard garden and access DLY's basement and outdoor shed. Housekeeping will arrive at 11am check-out time unless other arrangements are made at time of booking or with enough advance notice. Nathan may arrive slightly ahead of housekeeping to oversee trainees, etc.
Otros aspectos destacables
A stay at the Detroit Loves You Guest Home means you become part of Detroit's transformation: 10% gross revenue from your and every reservation is set aside to improve our Piety Hill neighborhood.
If this resonates with you, please choose DLY and leave a lasting impact on Detroit - thank you!
See Photos: 'How Your Stay Transforms & Uplifts Detroit' & 'Guest Home Transformation Timeline'
DLY employs Detroit housekeepers and has financially supported our local Block Club, nonprofit Community Development Corporation, Detroit Little Free Libraries, recycling startup Green Cycle, exterior & neighboring property improvements including porch roof & steps, community garden, and tree trimming/removal for neighbors.
Please familiarize yourself with Airbnb's Strict Cancellation Policy:
* Cancelled 7 full days prior (from 3pm/15:00 day of arrival) = 50% refund
* 1-6 days prior, day of arrival, or during reservation = no refund
Cancellation of, or lowering the number of guests for all or some days of a reservation, for any reason, is subject to the above policies, including not having read the entire listing, and inability to see past Detroit's off-putting appearance. If your guest list is not finalized at the time of booking, make sure to select the lowest potential number. It's easy to add more any time prior to your week of arrival.
24/7 GUESTY SUPPORT...
The team at Guesty, the Airbnb management company, handles all communications and can assist with any questions about the guest rooms, house, neighborhood, or city. DLY owner Nathan is always available to assist you personally if you wish; just ask. Let us know how we can best serve you.
Be comfortable and at home. Please treat our old home gently, thank you.
Prior to check-in we need the names & cells of anyone in your group besides yourself who will be trusted to properly lock the doors & (dis)arm the alarm. This is necessary in case of a false alarm and owner Nathan is not immediately called.
INFORMATION SHEET IN EVERY ROOM
Make sure to read the posted Info Sheets as you encounter them, for safety and everything you want to know, like the WiFi code
Please remove shoes when inside to help keep DLY clean for all. Cold feet? Enjoy heated floors and 68F / 20C room temperature Oct-May.
SMOKING, FIRE & VAPING
No smoking, fire, incense, or flame of any kind allowed inside. Please make sure all guests put all cigarette butts in provided pots or trash, or additional cleaning fees may apply. Front porch: tobacco only. Backyard: all OK. Vaporizer: OK anywhere.
CHECK-OUT CHECK LIST
Please make sure to complete the following steps before leaving to avoid any additional housekeeping cost(URL HIDDEN)Wash and put away any dishes
* Put back any books, games & all pieces, records, etc. as they were found
* Leave beds as they are for housekeeping to strip - do not strip them
* Leave towels to hang dry (not in damp floor piles)
* Leave any unwanted foods clearly in the kitchen for future guests or proper disposal
* Double-check for chargers & personal items
* Check to make sure all fans, A/C, space heaters, and lights are off
Then when you're ready to leave, it's very important that you . . .
* Check to make sure all 4 locks on the 2 back doors are properly locked
* Set alarm (unless housekeeping has already arrived)
* Check to make sure both front doors are properly shut & locked
Thank you for supporting us; come back soon!